The Unitarian Church of Calgary depends on Pledges and Donations for 70% of its funding:
Donations – Donations can be made anytime to a specific fund-raising campaign, or to support a church activity of your choice.
Pledges – A pledge is a statement of the total donations you intend to make for the operation of the church over a fiscal year (Aug 1 to July 31).
Donations may be made to the church anytime!
The preferred way and probably the easiest way to donate is to send an e-transfer from your online banking system to email@example.com. Be sure to let the treasurer know in an email what the donation is for.
You can also use the PayPal link below for general donations or donations for a specific purpose. You do not have to have a PayPal account if you pay with your credit card.
Specific Donations might be for:
- a particular fund-raising campaign
- a particular church activity, such as the Childrens’ Program
- the Endowment Trust Fund – This fund is held separately from church assets for the purpose of generating income for the church in perpetuity. Donations to the ETF can be made to celebrate a special event or person.
- a contribution to your pledged amount
To direct your donation to a specific purpose, please fill in the “Write a Note” or “Add a note” screen.
Pledges – The Stewardship Campaign
The annual pledge campaign begins in early March. Each household in the congregation is asked to make a forecast
of the donations they intend to make for the operation of the church during the upcoming church year, which runs from August 1 to July 31. A pledge is not a contract, but simply a statement of intention, which can then be used by the church administration in preparing the annual budget. As new members join during the year, they are asked for a pledge for the remainder of the church year.
How Can I Pledge?
- Electronic Pledging: You can pledge by using the green button below or by sending an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paper Forms: Print and fill out a Blank Pledge Form.
- Pre-Authorized Agreement: If you wish your pledge to be withdrawn from your bank account, a Pre-Authorized Deposit Agreement (PAD) Form will need to be completed if it is the first time you have pledged in this manner. If you have already filled one out, you don’t need to do so again.
What Do I Get?
What do you get for your pledge to the Calgary Unitarians? You enjoy the satisfaction of supporting the ongoing operations and mission of our church community:
- To grow in wisdom: Sunday Services, Children and Youth Programs, Theme-Based Listening Circles, Adult Religious Exploration Courses, Introduction to Unitarian Universalism, Turn of the Wheel Half-Day Retreats, fellowship with a like-minded community and more!
- To welcome and deepen relationships: Fellowship Lunches, Sunday Coffee Time, Concerts and more!
- To act for a just and sustainable world: Green Sanctuary Programs, Social Justice Initiatives, Caring Cooking Connection, Gay Pride Parade, Alberta Wilderness Association Tower Climb, Climate Action Rallies, “4 Others” Charitable Donations and more!
Contact the Stewardship Team.