From time to time we would like to post photographs of the congregation on our church bulletin boards, on our website, on our Facebook group or page, in the weekly electronic newsletter (Enews), or in our monthly newsletter (The Quest), available both online and in printed version.
To comply with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, the Unitarian Church of Calgary requires consent from those 18 years or over to post or publish photos.
A separate form is used for children and youth under 18 years of age (please see the Director of Religious Exploration). Our policy is never to post identifiable images of children online.
Media Consent Form
- This form is for images shared anonymously. Individuals will not be identified by name unless prior, specific consent has been given, in addition to this form.
- This form does not address sharing of videos, which would require an additional consent form. Once the pictures are posted or published, the Unitarian Church of Calgary cannot control or prevent the further distribution or use of the material by others.
- At any time, you may instruct us to remove pictures from the church website, Facebook page or group, bulletin board or online newsletter by notifying the Office Administrator in writing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is our go-forward position with respect to images. There are a few photos from prior to the use of this form posted on our web site including, mainly, in the Quest; if you have concerns about these, please notify the Office Administrator in writing.
- At any time, you may withdraw your consent by notifying the Office Administrator in writing.
- If you do not consent to the Unitarian Church of Calgary sharing your photo, you must supply to the Office Administrator a photograph of yourself for screening purposes; it is not possible to ensure we keep you off-line and off the bulletin boards unless we know what you look like.
- There is no obligation to consent.