The caring team tends to the hearts of the congregation by coordinating the acknowledgment and support for members and friends as they experience life’s joys and challenges. We nurture a sense of belonging and participation in our Unitarian Community by:
- Sending cards to recognize joys and sorrows in people’s lives.
- Approximately every 2 months a few people get together in our community kitchen to make and freeze meals for those people inside and outside our community who require a meal from time to time.
- On the fourth Sunday of every month we have soup and buns following the service, with contributions coming from our members.
- Comfort shawls are made by our members and given to people suffering a loss.
- We have a box of food donations that is stocked by our members and given to those inside and outside our community that are in need of the donations.
- We have blessing bags with various toiletries in them that we give to those in need.
- We provide hospitality for functions such as “Celebrations of Life” etc.
- We have a community garden with 17 plots and rent them out to members in the summer months.